This course is to assist those in welding or related industries to extend their knowledge of metals during welding.
The main emphasis is placed on reasons for the various behavioural characteristics of metals. The course will give a sound foundation in welding metallurgy to anyone who wishes to be an AWS-Certified Welding Inspector.
- Fundamental welding processes and manufacture of steel
- Structure and metallurgical changes of metals during welding
- Physical and mechanical properties
- Stresses, stress relief and annealing
- Weldability of steel and alloys
- Plain carbon/low carbon steel
- Stainless steels
- Nickel alloys
- Reactive and refractory alloys
Who Should Attend
Welding Engineers, Quality Assurance/Control Personnel, Engineering Surveyors, Fabrication Personnel, Plant Maintenance Engineers and Welding Inspectors, Technicians as well as trainees in the Aerospace, Metal Fabrication, Oil Refinery, Petrochemical, Off-shore Maintenance, Shipbuilding, Shiprepair and Building Construction industries.
Part-Time, 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Monday to Friday