Welding and Fabrication of Corrosion Resistant Stainless Steels
Dear SWS Members,
Trust everyone is keeping safe and healthy.
SWS is proud to organize our first webinar in collaboration with Nickel Institute. With the extension of the circuit breaker, learning must not stop.
This free webinar to our members will be presented by Dr Graham Sussex.
This webinar emphasizes on the following topics;
- The differences in welding behaviour of the stainless steel families and carbon steel
- Effects of welding on appearance, mechanical properties, metallurgical effects and corrosion resistance
- Preparing to weld – the importance of cleanliness, gaps and angles of the joint, gases, filler metal, weld method and heat input
- Good weld and fabrication practices
- Specific procedures in welding tube and pipe
- Essential inspection and methods for post-weld cleanup
Title: Welding and Fabrication of Corrosion Resistant Stainless Steels
Date: 22 May 2020
Time: 6.30 PM
Fees: Free for members; Non-members S$50
Presenter: Dr Graham Sussex, Technical specialist and Nickel Institute consultant.
Graham is a material expert with over 30 years experience and more than 600 technical publications to his name. Stainless steel is his speciality.
I strongly encourage members to use this downtime to upskill and to prepare ourselves to emerge stronger.
Please register at https://sws.org.sg/events-
Should you face difficulty you please email to Einette at email@example.com
Looking forward to your attendance in this webinar.
Chairman, Technical Talk.