International Institute Of Welding
What is International Institute Of Wedling?
The Mission of IIW is to be the global body in the science and application of joining technology providing networking and knowledge exchange.
Its technical field encompassess the joining, cutting and surface treatment of metallic and non-metallics materials by such processes as welding, brazing, soldering, thermal cutting, thermal spraying, adhesive bonding, microjoining and embraces allied fields including quality assurance, non-destructive testing, standardisation, inspection, health and safety, education, trainig, qualification, design and fabrication.
– To organize the exchange of scientific and technical information and provide for the transfer of knowledge related to these techniques
– To prepare recommendations, state of the art reports and guidelines related to the technical field
– To promote by all appropriate means the organization of national welding institute or association in countries where these do not exist
– To organize Annual Assemblies, International Conferences and Regional Congresses
– To define guidelines for the education, training, qualification and cerfication of personnel involved in welding and rules for their application
– To prepare and assist in the formulation of international standards in collaboration with the International Organization for Standardizastion (ISO)
– To promote and encourage the development of a sustainable environment within welding activities